Hello, everyone! This month has been a whirlwind. I crossed 1000 views and 500 likes here on the blog. Thank you all so much for the support! I’ve managed to post daily for the entire month, which was more difficult to keep up with than I thought it would be. I’ll probably slow down a bit for a while, but I have some great things planned for June, as well. So, we’ll see. It will probably depend on how busy work is in the near future. I made quite a bit of progress on my reading goals this month, and I actually finished my monthly TBR for the first time! Check out all the details below:
Progress On My 2021 Reading Goal
May 2021 Reviews
In total, I completed 13 full-length book reviews, 4 mini book reviews, and 2 comic book reviews this month. I participated in a blog tour and completed one requested review. I reviewed the following books:
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo | See the review!
- The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune | See the review!
- Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good by Timothy Zahn | See the review!
- Star Wars: Darth Vader #6-11 by Greg Pak | See the review!
- The Other Side of Magic by Ester Manzini | See the review!
- REPLAY by Trevor Morris | See the review!
- The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner | See the review!
- Amazing Spider-Man: Last Remains by Nick Spencer | See the review!
- Dark Farm by Dean Raven | See the review!
- Doctor Aphra by Sarah Kuhn | See the review!
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo | See the review!
- Doctor Who: Mutually Assured Destruction by Lizzie Hopley | See the review!
- Doctor Who: Genetics of the Daleks by Jonathan Morris | See the review!
- Doctor Who: Echoes of Extinction by Alfie Shaw | See the review!
- Reality Testing by Grant Price | See the review!
- Not My Ruckus by Chad Musick | See the review!
- Ruin and Rising by Leigh Bardugo | See the review!
- This Poison Heart by Kalynn Bayron | See the review!
- Weatherman by Price Doom | See the review!
Original Work & Blog Posts
I participated in a couple of memes throughout the month, including First Lines Fridays and Stacking the Shelves. I’ve found both of these to be fun to do, especially Stacking the Shelves. I love getting to show the ridiculous amount of books I pick up each week.
I also wrote several blog posts this month detailing my favorite Star Wars books, my most anticipated releases for next month, and ways COVID-19 has impacted my reading habits.
- 3 Ways COVID-19 Has Impacted My Reading Habits
- My 6 Most Anticipated June 2021 Releases
- My Five Favorite Star Wars Books (from the new canon)
I read a couple books this month that I haven’t gotten around to reviewing yet, and I don’t want to leave them out! So, here they are:
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas
- Flash Fire by TJ Klune
Looking back on my TBR for May, I exceeded all of my expectations. I finished reading all the books on my TBR and read three more books than I initially planned. I got my first award for my blog tour review (Reality Testing), which made me really happy. Comic books also made a big comeback this month for me, and I made a dent in my years-long backlog. I’m actually completely caught up on several of my favorite ongoing books, which I would never have guessed would happen. I also made significant progress on the ARCs I have and am slowly improving my NetGalley feedback ratio. Overall, I’m satisfied with what I read this month and have had a lot of fun with the books and posts I was able to do.