This has been another great month! I read and reviewed quite a few awesome books, but I slowed my reading pace down quite a bit. I finished my TBR for the month, though. So, I’m definitely still making progress and well on my way to completing my Goodreads challenge very early this year. I also got a lot of writing done, which was one of the main reasons for the slow down in reading. I added over 10,000 words to my current work in progress for Camp NaNoWriMo, and I couldn’t be more pleased.
Progress On My 2021 Reading Goal
July 2021 Reviews
In total, I completed 5 full-length book reviews, 3 mini book reviews, and one comic book review this month. One of the reviews was for a blog tour, which was a lot of fun to join. I read and reviewed a good mix of supernatural horror, fantasy, dystopian, science fiction, and contemporary novels. I reviewed the following books:
- Firekeeper’s Daughter by Angeline Boulley | See the review!
- The Sightless City by Noah Lemelson | See the review!
- Any Way the Wind Blows by Rainbow Rowell | See the review!
- The Dark Chorus by Ashley Meggitt | See the review!
- The Blacktongue Thief by Christopher Buehlman | See the review!
- A Touch of Death by Rebecca Crunden | See the review!
- Star Wars: The High Republic: The Rising Storm by Cavan Scott | See the review!
- The Wolf and the Woodsman by Ava Reid | See the review!
I continued participating in First Lines Fridays and Stacking the Shelves. I’ve still enjoyed doing them and will probably continue to write them for the foreseeable future as long as it remains enjoyable.
I also wrote several blog posts this month and completed the Mid Year Freakout Book Tag.
- My 5 Most Anticipated August 2021 Releases
- New Book Spotlight
- Mid Year Freakout Book Tag
- Top 5 Indie Reads of the Year (So Far)
I changed up my usual posts about comics and tried a couple new things that were fun:
I also read two books that have not been reviewed yet (one of which I haven’t quite finished).
- Shards of Earth by Adrian Tchaikovsky
- Blood Animus by Kyle McKeon (in progress)
I participated in Camp NaNoWriMo this month and met my goal of 10,000 words. I’ve never written that much on any project before, and I’m still excited about where the story is going. I’m more determined now to finish this book (even if it never sees the light of day). I just feel like I have to get the story out of me. I’ll be placing my writing on hiatus for now, though, to turn my attention to completing my TBR for the Trope-ical Readathon. Here’s a look at my progress during camp over the month and all the badges I collected!
Looking back on my TBR for July, I met all of my goals. I finished reading all the books on my TBR and read one more than the number I initially planned. I got some ARCs I’m really excited about, which led to a slight reduction in my NetGalley feedback ratio. However, I’m planning to review three of them in the next month or so…so, it should be back up soon. Overall, I’m satisfied with what I read this month and have had a lot of fun with the books and posts I was able to do. Thank you all for continuing this journey with me, and I hope you are excited to see how well I do in the Trope-ical Readathon next month. I know I am!