Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. Today I’m going to, once again, wrap up my week, including notes about my personal life, blog posts/book reviews, reading updates, book acquisitions (if any), and comic book acquisitions and reading progress.
I’ve been super busy this week! There was new Doctor Who on Sunday, which I enjoyed a lot. I’ve also been trying to catch up on watching Foundation and am almost there. I spent a lot of the week catching up on household chores. I vacuumed the house, dusted everything, and scrubbed toilets, tubs, sinks, and showers. It was long overdue, and I definitely don’t want to neglect things for so long again. I also took the time to give the dog a bath, which was a fiasco since she went and rolled in a pile of shit right after I finished bathing her. Needless to say, she got another bath fairly quickly. It’s all quite humorous looking back on it now, but it definitely did not feel that way in the moment. Finally, I got to see Eternals this week and liked it well enough. It wasn’t the best Marvel movie, but it absolutely was not the worst and set up a lot of interesting stuff for the future that I am excited about.
I picked up quite a few new books this week. Although, I didn’t buy them all, which I’m pretty proud of. lol. I did buy Iron Gold, the Villains Duology by V. E. Schwab, and The Nobleman’s Guide to Scandal and Shipwrecks. I had a B&N coupon. So, I bought a bit more than I planned. However, I also got some stuff from the library this week. I borrowed The Gilded Cage from Libby and picked up my hold of The Eye of the World from my local library branch.
Comic Book Acquisitions & Reading Progress
This was another pretty light comics week. That’s probably a good thing, though, considering I didn’t read any comics this week…
I read a lot this week. I finished Severed Souls and The Way of the House Husband Vol 5. I also read The Gilded Cage and Jade War. I enjoyed both of those books quite a bit. Be on the lookout tomorrow for my thoughts on Jade War!
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
It was another busy posting week with lots of new content. Be sure to check it all out if you haven’t already! My posts from the last week are listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – November 6, 2021 – This post is my weekly wrap-up from last Saturday. Check it out, if you haven’t already, to see my updates from last week.
- ARC Review – The Bone Shard Emperor – This post highlights my thoughts on the upcoming release, The Bone Shard Emperor.
- Manga Monday – The Way of the House Husband Vol. 5 – This post details my reactions to reading the fifth volume of this funny manga that pits a former Yakuza boss against his new house husband duties.
- Top 5 Tuesday – Tropes I Dislike – I participated in the Top 5 Tuesday meme again. This week was all about the tropes I don’t like to read. Check out the post to see the ones I most frequently don’t enjoy.
- The Last 10 Books Tag – I was tagged in my first book tag! I had a lot of fun putting this post together. Check it out to learn a little more about my book habits.
- Mini Review – Severed Souls – This mini review highlights my thoughts about the penultimate book of the Sword of Truth series. It was a marginal improvement over the last couple books in the series but still far from great.
- First Lines Fridays #31 – This post provides the first lines of a book and asks you to guess, and judge, the book by those lines. Check it out to see if you can guess the book.
There you have it! Another weekly wrap-up. I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.