I struggled a bit keeping up with the pace I set last month. I also decided to swap some books out so I could read others. Overall, I felt rushed and somewhat stifled because of the commitments I made, which is not how I want to feel about reading. So, I’ve decided to do things a bit differently this month. I am going to set both a lower number goal and a shorter list goal, which will hopefully give me a little more flexibility.
In total, I plan to read 10 books in May 2021. I may end up reading more than this, but I don’t want a repeat of the rushed feeling I felt last month.
My list for this month includes the following books:
- The Other Side of Magic by Ester Manzini (eARC)
- REPLAY by Trevor Morris (eARC)
- Reality Testing by Grant Price (eARC)
- The Lost Apothecary by Sarah Penner (Hardcover)
- Star Wars: Doctor Aphra by Sarah Kuhn (Hardcover)
- Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas (Hardcover)
There will obviously be others, but I want the flexibility to pick them based on what I’m feeling like reading at the time. I also intend to read more comic books this month with a goal of completing at least two volumes of something. I just haven’t decided yet exactly what I want to read.
What do you plan to read this month? Do you ever feel stifled by your TBR goals?