Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. Today I’m going to, once again, wrap up my week, including notes about my personal life, blog posts/book reviews, reading updates, book acquisitions (if any), and comic book acquisitions and reading progress.
This week has been fairly quiet. I’ve spent a lot of time reading. I’m desperately trying to finish The Eye of the World and am going to keep today’s update brief so I can get back to it. The only other major thing I did this week other than the typical household chores was put up the Christmas tree. It is a little hard to believe it is already the end of the year and time for decorations, but I enjoyed putting it all up. I’m looking forward to Thanksgiving next week, and am getting prepared for all the craziness since I’ll be cooking and hosting again this year. I hope you all have had a great week and have a wonderful holiday week ahead (if you’re celebrating).
I picked up quite a few books this week. Two new releases I am very excited about were out on Tuesday, Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy: Lesser Evil and Our Violent Ends. I’m looking forward to getting to read both of them in the very near future. I also picked up several books by Rebecca Crunden because they were all free thanks to a promotion. I’ve loved the books I’ve read by her so far. So, I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get some more. I received another approval on NetGalley, Rosebud, and I was picked to be part of the ARC team for Of Darkness and Light. I also went ahead and picked up the prequel novella in The Bound and the Broken series. So, now I can read the first two books and the novella together! If you’d like to get the novella, the author, Ryan Cahill, offers it for free if you sign up to his email newsletter.
Comic Book Acquisitions & Reading Progress
There were so many comics this week! I’ve been looking forward to the new Doctor Who and this issue of Superman for a while. There was also lots of new Star Wars stuff, which is always fun. I actually got a bit of reading done this week too. I started on the first few issues of Superman: Son of Kal-El and read some issues of Spider-Man too. In the next week, I’m going to try to read all these new Star Wars issues and finish a story arc of Daredevil.
I’ve read quite a bit this week. I finished Forging a Nightmare and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I’ve also been reading The Eye of the World and A Dance of Lies, but I haven’t quite finished them yet. I’m trying to get through The Eye of the World today, but I still have a couple hundred pages left. So, we’ll see. I’ve enjoyed everything I read this week, and I’m excited to be on track to finish Harry Potter and The Outlands Pentalogy before the end of the year.
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
It was another busy posting week with lots of new content. Be sure to check it all out if you haven’t already! My posts from the last week are listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – November 13, 2021 – This post is my weekly wrap-up from last Saturday. Check it out, if you haven’t already, to see my updates from last week.
- Book Review – Jade War – This post highlights my thoughts on the outstanding second entry in the Green Bone Saga, Jade War. I loved this book so much. I’d give it way more than 5 stars, if possible.
- Mid-Month NetGalley Check-In – This post shows how much ground I’ve lost on my feedback ratio. It has dropped a bit, and my shelf is larger than ever over on NetGalley.
- ARC Mini Review – Forging a Nightmare – This mini review displays my thoughts on this interesting take on the nephilim.
- Comic Book Recap & Review – Superman: Son of Kal-El Issue #1 – I finally read the first issue of this relatively new comic and wanted to share my thoughts about it. I really enjoyed this issue and am looking forward to where the story goes next.
- Mini Review – The Prison Healer – This mini review highlights my thoughts about this popular YA fantasy book. I enjoyed it but was also distracted by some of its flaws, especially in the world-building.
- First Lines Fridays #32 – This post provides the first lines of a book and asks you to guess, and judge, the book by those lines. Check it out to see if you can guess the book.
There you have it! Another weekly wrap-up. I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.
5 thoughts on “Weekly Wrap-Up – November 20, 2021”
Ack, I need to catch-up on the newest Thrawn trilogy, I’ve only read the first so far! And agree, Jade Legacy was AMAZING!
LikeLiked by 1 person
I’ve really enjoyed the first two books in this Thrawn trilogy. I like getting to see the Chiss in action and learning more about their society. So, I’m looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up. And, yeah, the entire Green Bone Saga has been absolutely amazing. 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 20, 2021 – This post is my weekly wrap-up from last Saturday. Check it out, if you haven’t already, to see my updates from last week. […]
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 20, 2021 […]
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – November 27, 2021 – This post is my weekly wrap-up from last Saturday. Check it out, if you haven’t already, to see my updates from last week. […]