Along with being a new year, it is also a new month, which means it is time for a new TBR. I forgot to include my Reindeer Readathon results in my wrap-up post yesterday. So, I’ll include them here before moving on to the new TBR. I finished each of the prompts, but I swapped books liberally. lol. Much of the original TBR didn’t get read. Here’s what did:
- Dasher – Finish a series or pick up a book that you started and put down. If neither of these are options, a short story/novella.
- Deadbeat Druid by David R. Slayton
- Dancer – A book with a cursive/flowy/elegant font on the cover.
- Malicious Compliance by E.M. Lindsey
- Prancer – A book with your favorite season on the cover or the book cover has colors from your favorite season on it.
- You’re a Mean One, Matthew Prince by Timothy Janovsky
- Vixen – A book you want to read but think it might be overhyped.
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
- Comet – A book with an astronomical word in the title (sun, moon, star, sky etc.)
- Light From Uncommon Stars by Ryka Aoki
- Cupid – A book with a favorite trope in it.
- Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell
- Donner – A book that you want to read but are not a fan of the cover.
- The Wicked Day by Mary Stewart
- Blitzen – Use a random number generator to find a number between 0 and 9 and find a book that ends in that page number.
- The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik
- Rudolph – Start a new series.
- Mercury’s Shadow by PJ Garcin
I’m excited about this month’s TBR. I’ve got a lot of great books lined up and will be participating in my first ever buddy reads. I’m going to be focusing a bit more on the books already on my TBR/shelves, but will have a couple new releases, as well. Here’s what I plan to read this month:
- Emily Wilde’s Encyclopaedia of Faeries by Heather Fawcett (12 Books Challenge Pick)
- Alone With You in the Ether by Olivie Blake
- The Poppy War by R. F. Kuang
- A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
- Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare
- Tomorrow, and Tomorrow, and Tomorrow by Gabrielle Zevin
- Timekeeper by Tara Sim
- The Battle of Jedha by George Mann
I also plan to read some ARCs this month! I’m going to try to get through at least four of them by the end of January, which I think is doable since several of the books listed above are audiobooks. I usually have one audiobook and one print/ebook going at all times. These are the ARCs I’m hoping to read:
- The Sapphire Altar by David Dalglish
- Bisexual Men Exist by Vaneet Mehta
- Broken Valley by Owen Lach
- Seven Faceless Saints by M. K. Lobb
Are any of these books on your TBR? Have you already read them? If so, what did you think? Let me know down in the comments!