A new month means it is time for a new TBR. I’m doing things a bit differently this time. I usually set a TBR of 8-10 books. However, I almost always read more than that number. So, I’ve decided to split things into a ‘need to read’ pile and a possibility pile for mood reading. I’m sure I’ll probably also read stuff that isn’t listed anywhere in this post, as well, but these are the books I’d definitely like to get to this month.
Need to Read
I typically read somewhere between 10-20 books per month. So, I think it is safe to set my ‘need to read’ pile at 10. I have a few ARCs to read this month, as well as some library books and my 12 month challenge pick. I’ve also included some new releases I’m excited to read and the first book in a trilogy I want to finish before the end of the year, which is inching ever closer. Here’s the 10 books I will (hopefully) read for sure this month:
- New Adult by Timothy Janovsky (Hoopla 🎧)
- The Midnight Kingdom by Tara Sim (📖 ARC)
- The Magicians by Lev Grossman (📖 owned)
- My Roommate Is a Vampire by Jenna Levine (Libby 🎧)
- A Market of Dreams and Destiny by Trip Galey (📱 ARC)
- A Nobleman’s Guide to Seducing a Scoundrel by KJ Charles (📱 ARC)
- The Hexologists by Josiah Bancroft (📖 ARC)
- Assistant to the Villain by Hannah Nicole Maehrer (📖 owned)
- A Memory Called Empire by Arkady Martine (📖 owned)
- Stars in Your Eyes by Kacen Callender (📱 ARC)
I also enjoy doing a bit of mood reading. So, I thought it would be fun to make a list of some books I’m currently in the mood to read. Does this mean I’ll read them this month? I’d like to, but these books are less of a priority than my ‘need to read’ pile. It’s also possible I won’t be in the mood for them anymore when I go to pick a book, but these are the ones I’d want to read if I picked today:
Lion’s Legacy by L. C. Rosen, Hounded by Kevin Hearne, Charming Young Man by Eliot Schrefer, Us, Et Cetera by Kit Vincent, Masters of Death by Olivie Blake
Are any of these books on your TBR? Have you already read them? If so, what did you think? Let me know down in the comments!