Hello, everyone! It seems that another month has already flown by! My blog has continued to grow (thank you to everyone who stops by to read the posts), and I’ve been increasing the amount and types of content. It’s been a lot of fun to experiment with all the different posts, but it has also been a bit exhausting keeping up with it all and trying to read books too. That being said, I made a lot of progress on my reading goals this month, which you’ll be able to see below.
Progress On My 2021 Reading Goal
April 2021 Reviews
In total, I completed 12 book reviews this month. I participated in my first blog tour and completed two requested book reviews. I reviewed the following books:
- Star Wars: Shadow Fall by Alexander Freed | See the review!
- Jairus’s Girl by L.R. Hay | See the review!
- Foretold by Violet Lumani | See the review!
- A Song of Steel by J.C. Duncan | See the review!
- Doctor Who: All Flesh Is Grass by Una McCormack | See the review!
- The House in the Cerulean Sea by TJ Klune | See the review!
- The Lore of Prometheus by Graham Austin-King | See the review!
- The Broken Heart of Arelium by Alex Robins | See the review!
- The Year Before the End by Vidar Hokstad | See the review!
- Doctor Who: The Minds of Magnox by Darren Jones | See the review!
- 2034: A Novel of the Next World War by Elliot Ackerman & James Stavridis | See the review!
- Lost in the Never Woods by Aiden Thomas | See the review!
Original Work & Blog Posts
I wrote a new series of blog posts reflecting on my reasons and motivations for reading. Check them out below:
I also wrote several poems this month about different experiences/topics, including COVID, cancer, and insomnia. Check them out here:
I read several books this month that I haven’t gotten around to reviewing yet, and I don’t want to leave them out! So, here they are:
- Doctor Who: Mutually Assured Destruction by Lizzie Hopley
- Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 11 by Nick Spencer
- Doctor Who: Genetics of the Daleks by Jonathan Morris
- Doctor Who: Echoes of Extinction by Alfie Shaw
- Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
- The Extraordinaries by TJ Klune
- Star Wars: Thrawn Ascendancy: Greater Good by Timothy Zahn
- The Children of Hurin by J.R.R. Tolkien
Looking back on my TBR for April, I exceeded most of my expectations. However, I did end up switching out some books for others. I did not end up reading Victory’s Price by Alexander Freed and replaced it with the new Thrawn book instead. I just don’t feel very excited about the last Alphabet Squadron book. So, I think I’ll let it drop farther down the TBR for a while. I also didn’t read as many NetGalley ARCs as I planned because I decided to jump on Shadow and Bone at the last minute before watching the TV series. Overall, though, I’m satisfied with what I read this month and have had a lot of fun with the books and posts I was able to do. Here’s to bigger and better things for next month!