Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. I hope it has gone well for you all. Today I’ll once again be wrapping up my my reading progress, comic book reading, and my blog posts from the past week. I’ve decided to leave updates on my bookish goals/challenges for my monthly wrap-ups. So, if you’ve been following my progress, that is where you will be able to find that info from now on.
This has been a pretty great week of reading for me. I read Obsidian by Sarah J. Daley and The Fire of the Fallen by J.C. Duncan. I enjoyed both of them quite a bit, and they ended up being 4 star reads that I didn’t want to put down. I’m also set to finish The Fifth Season by N.K. Jemisin today. I’d forgotten how much I loved this book, and I have a feeling I’ll be bumping my rating on Goodreads from 4 to 5 stars once this re-read is complete. You can find out more about my thoughts on all three of them in new mini reviews coming throughout next week. I’ve also started reading Enemy by Kimerbly Amato, which I received for a blog tour I’ll be participating in soon. It sounds really interesting and will be a nice change of pace from all the fantasy I’ve been reading lately.
Comic Book Reading
I read a ton of comics this week! My TBR for the week can be seen above, and I got to read them all. I also read a lot of back issues again this week to be able to get to them. In total, I read 37 comic issues this week! My favorites were Dark Ages and Star Wars #20. The idea of how the Avengers and other superheroes operate after an apocalypse that wipes out technology was just really fascinating, and the most recent issue of Star Wars had a surprise appearance that I really enjoyed.
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
All the new stuff from the last week is listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – January 15, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week.
- Mid-Month NetGalley Check-In – This post show my progress, or lack thereof, on clearing my NetGalley shelf. My shelf is the largest it has ever been, and this post highlights everything that is on it.
- Book Review – The Fallen Star – This review highlights my thoughts about The Fallen Star by Claudia Gray, the most recent release of Star Wars: The High Republic. The book wasn’t terrible, but it does takes the spot as my least favorite part of The High Republic yet.
- Top 5 Tuesday – Top 5 Books I Will Definitely Read in 2022 – I participated in another Top 5 Tuesday this week, which highlighted 5 books I really, really want to make sure I get around to reading this year.
- Mini Review – The Beautiful Ones – This mini review highlights my thoughts about The Beautiful Ones by Silvia Moreno-Garcia. I loved the characterization, relationship drama, and beautiful prose in this romance novel.
- First Lines Fridays #38 – This post gives the first lines of a book and asks you to guess and judge the book by how it begins. Check it out to see if you can guess the book, which I’ll be starting soon.
As always, I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.