How is it already the last month of the year?! Time sure does fly. For the next 31 days, I’ll be scrambling to finish some of my annual goals, as well as my BBNYA finalist books. I’m also going to be participating in the Reindeer Readathon again. I loved doing this one last year and have been looking forward to it for the last couple of months.
The Reindeer Readathon is a competitive, team-based readathon that includes nine prompts based on the reindeer that pull Santa’s sleigh. You can find more information about the readathon by watching the announcement video I’ve included below.
Here are the nine prompts and the books I’ve tentatively chosen to fulfill them:
- Dasher – Finish a series or pick up a book that you started and put down. If neither of these are options, a short story/novella.
- Deadbeat Druid by David R. Slayton
- Dancer – A book with a cursive/flowy/elegant font on the cover.
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz
- Prancer – A book with your favorite season on the cover or the book cover has colors from your favorite season on it.
- For the Wolf by Hannah Whitten
- Vixen – A book you want to read but think it might be overhyped.
- Chain of Gold by Cassandra Clare
- Comet – A book with an astronomical word in the title (sun, moon, star, sky etc.)
- Light From Uncommon Stars by Ryka Aoki
- Cupid – A book with a favorite trope in it.
- Winter’s Orbit by Everina Maxwell
- Donner – A book that you want to read but are not a fan of the cover.
- The Wicked Day by Mary Stewart
- Blitzen – Use a random number generator to find a number between 0 and 9 and find a book that ends in that page number.
- The Golden Enclaves by Naomi Novik
- Rudolph – Start a new series.
- The Coward by Stephen Aryan
Are any of these books on your TBR? Have you already read them? If so, what did you think? Let me know down in the comments!