Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. I hope it has gone well for you all. Today I’ll once again be wrapping up my my reading progress, comic book reading, and my blog posts from the past week.
This has been a pretty good week of reading. Midnight Horizon was a blast to read and is now one of my favorite Star Wars books. Something Fabulous was a ridiculous queer romp that was fun even if there wasn’t much to it plot-wise. Some of the characters got on my nerves, though, but all the laughing mostly made up for the annoying bits. Finally, I’ve read most of Bluebird, which I’m finishing up today. You can see all my thoughts about it tomorrow when my stop on the promotional tour gets published.
Comic Book Reading
I was back to reading lots of comics this week, but it was more of a mixed bag than the previous weeks so far this year. I loved Moon Knight, and Avengers Forever is off to an interesting start. The Death of Doctor Strange wrapped up nicely, but I’m kind of annoyed at the ending. I’m not going to talk about why because of spoilers, but I feel this is something that has been done to many of the other heroes and almost always gets undone later on. I also didn’t really care for the limited Defenders series all that much. It was just a bit too weird for me. I might stop reading Eternals, as well. I just haven’t enjoyed the last few issues, and it has been a bit of a slog to get through them. All in all, though, I made quite a bit of progress on my backlog and kept up with new releases. I read a total of 29 comic issues in the past week.
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
This has been another super busy week with lots of posts and two blog tour posts. All the new stuff from the last week is listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – January 29, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week.
- Blog Tour Book Review – Enemy – This post was part of the Blackthorn Book Tours blog tour for Enemy by Kimberly Amato. Check it out for my review and promotional info about the book and author.
- Most Anticipated February 2022 Releases – What books am I most excited about in February? This post highlights six books I’m looking forward to adding to my shelves.
- Blog Tour Book Review – The Thirteenth Hour – This post was part of The Write Reads blog tour for The Thirteenth Hour by Trudie Skies. I loved this book, and you can find out why I rated it 5 stars in my review.
- Top 5 Tuesday – Top 5 Books I Didn’t Get to in 2021 – I participated in another Top 5 Tuesday this week, which highlighted 5 books that I was planning to read in 2021 but didn’t get to.
- ARC Review – Midnight Horizon – This book review was my first ARC Review of a Star Wars book. It is now one of my favorite Star Wars books. Read my review to find out why!
- TBR – February 2022 – This post highlights my ambitious reading plans for the shortest month of the year.
- Monthly Wrap-Up – January 2022 – The first month of 2022 is over, and it was a busy one. Check out this post to see my progress on my bookish goals from January.
- First Lines Fridays #40 – This post gives the first lines of a book and asks you to guess and judge the book by how it begins. Check it out to see if you can guess the book.
As always, I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.
4 thoughts on “Weekly Wrap-Up – February 5, 2022”
“Ridiculous queer romp” sounds like a vibe right now so I’m defo looking forward to reading Something Fabulous! 😂 Looks like you had a pretty great week of reading and posting. Hope you have a great week ahead!
LikeLiked by 1 person
It has been a great week! I enjoyed the book and laughed out loud quite a bit at the over the top ridiculousness of it all. I hope you love it, and I hope you have a great week ahead too!
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – February 5, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week. […]
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – February 5, 2022 […]