Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. I hope it has gone well for you all. Today I’ll once again be wrapping up my my reading progress, comic book reading, and my blog posts from the past week.
This has been a super slow week of reading. I’ve been in a massive slump and just did not feel like reading for most of the week. I only finished one book, the Star Wars audio drama Tempest Runner by Cavan Scott. I also did something I thought I would never do. I DNFd a book, The Starless Crown by James Rollins. The world and plot were interesting, but I just couldn’t get into it right now. It was coming due at the library and had holds on it. So, I couldn’t renew it. I’ll probably try finishing it later once it becomes available again, but, for now, I’m moving on to other books. I’m really glad I made that decision because I’m loving my current read. I read almost half of Age of Ash by Daniel Abraham in one day, and my plans for the rest of today are pretty much just to finish it.
Comic Book Reading
This was a pretty good week for comics. I read 18 comic issues, and I enjoyed most of them quite a bit. I wasn’t really a fan of Savage Spider-Man, and I think I’ll be dropping that book. I liked everything else, though, but I didn’t really have a stand out favorite this week.
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
All the new stuff from the last week is listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – February 5, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week.
- Blog Tour Book Review – Bluebird – This post was part of the Angry Robot promotional tour for Bluebird by Ciel Pierlot. Check it out to see why Bluebird got 5 stars from me.
- The Book Recommendations Book Tag – I participated in a tag that highlighted my book recommendations for several prompts.
- Top 5 Tuesday – Top 5 Books That Have Been on My TBR Since Forever – I participated in another Top 5 Tuesday this week, which highlighted 5 books that I’ve been meaning to read since 2016.
- Audiobook Review – Something Fabulous – This audiobook review highlights my thoughts about the hilarious Something Fabulous by Alexis Hall.
- Audiobook Review – Tempest Runner – This review shows my thoughts about Tempest Runner by Cavan Scott, which was an interesting full cast audio drama set during The High Republic.
- First Lines Fridays #41 – This post gives the first lines of a book and asks you to guess and judge the book by how it begins. Check it out to see if you can guess the book.
As always, I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.