Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. I hope it has gone well for you all. Today I’ll once again be wrapping up my my reading progress, comic book reading, and my blog posts from the past week.
This has been another busy reading week. Although, I was hoping to get through even more. Oh well. It looks like I’ll probably be one book shy of completing my TBR for the month, which is actually pretty good given how ambitious it was. I finished The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan this week, which I surprisingly enjoyed even more than the first book in the series. I still wish the books were a little shorter because they just seem somewhat bloated, but they have been enjoyable so far nonetheless. I read Here’s to Us and The Obelisk Gate this week, as well. I loved the drama and hilarious banter of Here’s to Us, and The Obelisk Gate was good but not quite as good as The Fifth Season. I also read some manga this week and started Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo, which I’m really enjoying so far.
Comic Book Reading
I got caught up on the last two weeks worth of comic books. I read 16 issues this week, and I enjoyed all of them a lot. Amazing Spider-Man seems like it’s building to a big conclusion, and the last issues of Trail of Shadows and Empire of the Wolf were good endings.
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
All the new stuff from the last week is listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – February 19, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week.
- ARC Review – The Justice of Kings – This review highlights my thoughts about The Justice of Kings, which was a gritty exploration of themes related to law/justice and an interesting murder mystery rolled into one. It easily got 5 stars from me.
- Manga Monday – His Favorite – This post shows my thoughts on the most recent manga I read, His Favorite Vol. 1. It had lots of good humor, but the romance felt a bit too forced for my liking.
- Top 5 Tuesday – Top 5 I Want To Reread in 2022 – I participated in another Top 5 Tuesday this week, which highlighted 5 books I want to reread in 2022.
- Most Anticipated March 2022 Book Releases – This post highlights the book releases I’m most excited for in March 2022.
- Book Review – Here’s To Us – This review shows my thoughts about Here’s to Us by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, which was a drama-filled, humorous ending to the story of Ben and Arthur.
- First Lines Fridays #43 – This post gives the first lines of a book and asks you to guess and judge the book by how it begins. Check it out to see if you can guess the book.
As always, I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.