Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. I hope it has gone well for you all. Today I’ll once again be wrapping up my my reading progress, comic book reading, and my blog posts from the past week.
I’ve read more in the past week than I have in quite a while. I finished listening to Ninth House, which I enjoyed for its supernatural elements and secret societies. However, the story structure made it hard to follow the audio at times, and I was a little disappointed there wasn’t more academia/school in the book since I picked it up looking for dark academia. I read The Circus Infinite, which had some enjoyable elements but not enough for me to love the book considering how much I hated the ending. I started my Trope-ical Readathon reads with Irreligion, which was an informative, succinct, and somewhat humorous rebuttal of some of the most common arguments for the existence of God. Founder’s Mercy was a good, super queer, sci-fi that I didn’t want to put down, and The Stone Sky was a great conclusion to the Broken Earth series. All in all, it was a pretty great reading week.
Trope-ical Readathon Progress
Here’s a quick look at my Trope-ical Readathon progress so far. I’ve accumulated 1422 points and completed three challenges.
Comic Book Reading
I’ve kept up with my comics this week and read 9 issues. I’m still really enjoying this run of Amazing Spider-Man, and it seems like it is building to a pretty big conclusion. I also liked the ending of Phoenix Song: Echo and loved the finale of The High Republic Adventures. So, it has been a pretty great week of comics.
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
ICYMI, all the new stuff from the last week is listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – February 26, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week.
- ARC Review – The Circus Infinite – This review highlights my thoughts about The Circus Infinite, which was pretty meh and ended up getting on 3 stars from me, mostly because I didn’t like the ending.
- Book Haul – February 2022 – This post shows all the books I’ve acquired over the course of last month.
- TBR – March 2022 (Trope-ical Readathon Edition) – This post talks about all the books I’m going to try to read for the Trope-ical Readathon this month..
- Mini Review – The Great Hunt – This mini review outlines my thoughts about The Great Hunt by Robert Jordan, the second book in the Wheel of Time series. I enjoyed it quite a bit, even more than the first of the series.
As always, I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.
4 thoughts on “Weekly Wrap-Up – March 5, 2022”
I loved Ninth House soooomuch. Now that you mention it though, you’re right, Alex doesn’t really go to class much. I guess there isn’t much academia in this dark academia
LikeLiked by 1 person
I really enjoyed it too, but yeah… She only went to class like once or twice in that whole book. Lol. It’s no wonder her grades were so bad.
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – March 5, 2022 – In case you missed it last week, here’s the weekly wrap-up from then that highlights all my posts and progress from the previous week. […]
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – March 5, 2022 […]