Happy Saturday, everyone! We’ve reached the end of another week. Today I’m going to, once again, wrap up my week, including notes about my personal life, blog posts/book reviews, reading updates, book acquisitions (if any), and comic book acquisitions and reading progress.
It has been a pretty great week. My wife is on vacation, and it has been fun getting to spend more time with her. We haven’t done much but hang around the house, but it has been nice. I wish there was something more exciting to say, but I’ve mostly spent the week watching TV and doing household chores and errands. I have made some progress on my Doctor Who 13th Doctor re-watch, and am excitedly anticipating the premiere of Series 13 tomorrow. I’ve also spent a lot of time getting the treats ready to give out to trick or treaters tomorrow night. We are giving out bags of candy to keep people from digging their hands into a bowl, which requires much more prep work than I initially thought.
I didn’t buy any books again this week! However, I did get approved for two new titles on NetGalley. They won’t be released until next year. So, it’ll be a while before I get around to reading them, but I’m looking forward to both.
Comic Book Acquisitions & Reading Progress
Once again, I went to the comic book store this week. So, I have a mix of digital and physical comics. This week was also pretty diverse in what I picked up, but it still heavily included Star wars and Spider-Man.
As for reading comics, I didn’t read much this week. I kept up to date with Star Wars and Spider-Man and read some of the Star Wars Adventures issues. I also read the first book of Catwoman: Lonely City, which was a really great read.
This was a pretty slow reading week for me. I read the fourth volume of The Way of the House Husband. I also read Jade City and started A Marvellous Light. On the bright side, they were all pretty great (at least so far as I haven’t finished A Marvellous Light yet).
Blog Posts & Book Reviews
This has been another busy week for blog posts and book reviews. I once again managed to post every day this week! My posts from the last week are listed below:
- Weekly Wrap-Up – October 23, 2021 – This post is my weekly wrap-up from last Saturday. Check it out, if you haven’t already, to see my updates from last week.
- Book Review: The Bone Shard Daughter – This book review highlights my reading experience of The Bone Shard Daughter, which was a fantastic 5 star read.
- Manga Monday: Way of the Househusband Vol 4 – This post details my thoughts about the fourth volume of this manga series. Just when I was thinking it was getting a bit old, the author knocked this one out of the park. It was so funny!
- Most Anticipated Releases of November 2021 – This post showcases the books I’m most excited for in November 2021. There are so many of them releasing next month!
- Mini Review – Constance – This mini review highlights my thoughts on this thriller that takes you inside the mind of a clone.
- Audio Drama Review – Doctor Who: Ravagers – I’m so excited about the Doctor Who premiere tomorrow that I decided to listen to the Ravagers audio drama from Big Finish since they supposedly will be in this new series. It was also a treat because it was the first new story with the 9th Doctor since 2005.
- First Lines Fridays #29 – This post provides the first lines of a book and asks you to guess, and judge, the book by those lines. Check it out to see if you can guess the book.
There you have it! Another weekly wrap-up. I love reading wrap-up posts. So, if you’ve got one for this week, please leave a link to it in the comments, and I’ll stop by and check it out.
2 thoughts on “Weekly Wrap-Up – October 30, 2021”
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – October 30, 2021 […]
[…] Weekly Wrap-Up – October 30, 2021 – This post is my weekly wrap-up from last Saturday. Check it out, if you haven’t already, to see my updates from last week. […]