Hello, everyone! It is the end of November, which means it is time for another monthly wrap-up. This month has been pretty great, and I’ve read some awesome books. Most notable, I finished off the Green Bone Saga by reading my eARC of Jade Legacy, which releases today, and now I have a new favorite series and book! I still can’t believe it considering I’d never read any of them until a little over a month ago. I also read The Eye of the World, which has been on my TBR for years. It’s been a great month of TV, as well. I finished watching Foundation and started Wheel of Time and Hawkeye. I’ve also been watching Doctor Who and am looking forward to the finale this Sunday. While many of the shows have had some good episodes and others that fell a bit flat, I’ve really been enjoying all of them. This really is a wonderful time to be a fan of fantasy, sci fi, and comic books because there is tons of great TV material coming out.
The holidays are also upon us, and Thanksgiving was a lot of fun, despite being a ton of work. I spent time with family and ate so much food I felt like I could vomit. I also put up my Christmas decorations in mid-November and have been trying to save the tree and ornaments from the cat ever since.
Progress On My 2021 Reading Goal
This has been another busy reading month, and I’ve managed to add quite a few books to my lead on my goal despite many of the books I read this month being pretty big chonkers. I’ve also made significant progress toward my goal of having 25 completed NetGalley reviews before the end of the year. I read and reviewed four NetGalley e-ARCs bringing my total up to 24. Only one left to go!
November 2021 Reviews
It has been another busy month for reviews. In total, I completed 4 full-length book reviews, 6 mini book reviews, 2 comic book reviews, and 1 manga review. I reviewed the following books:
- A Marvellous Light by Freya Marske | See the review!
- Eternals by Kieron Gillen | See the review!
- Jade City by Fonda Lee | See the review!
- The Bone Shard Emperor by Andrea Stewart | See the review!
- The Way of the House Husband Vol. 5 by Kousuke Oono | See the review!
- Severed Souls by Terry Goodkind | See the review!
- Jade War by Fonda Lee | See the review!
- Forging a Nightmare by Patricia Jackson | See the review!
- Superman: Son of Kal-El by Tom Taylor | See the review!
- The Prison Healer by Lynette Noni | See the review!
- The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan | See the review!
- A Dance of Lies by Rebecca Crunden | See the review!
- Jade Legacy by Fonda Lee | See the review!
I continued participating in First Lines Fridays throughout the month. I’ve also continued writing weekly wrap-ups to highlight all my reading progress, book acquisitions, and recent blog posts.
I also participated in a couple Top 5 Tuesdays, participated in the Last 10 Books Tag, posted an Indie Spotlight, and wrote a post about my 5 most anticipated releases of December 2021.
- My 5 Most Anticipated December 2021 Releases
- Top 5 Tropes I Can’t Get Enough Of
- Top 5 Tropes I Dislike
- The Last 10 Books Tag
- Indie Spotlight – Arigale: Spite in the Spirit
Looking back on my TBR for November, I met almost all of my goals. I finished reading all the books on my TBR for this month and surpassed my desired number of books. I once again didn’t read the book that I missed from my TBR last month, but that’s okay because it fits perfectly into my TBR for next month, which you’ll see tomorrow. I also read most of the comics I set out to read. The only thing I didn’t get to was Daredevil, but I read some other stuff instead, such as Superman: Son of Kal-El. I got a lot of new ARCs, but I also read four of them this month. My NetGalley feedback ratio is taking somewhat of dive, but oh well. I’ve gotten some pretty great ARCs so I can’t be that mad about it. Overall, it’s been an awesome reading month. I hope you all had a great month and wish you the best for December!