This has been a quieter month than last month. I spent most of the month either at home reading or going to the doctor for my own appointments or that of family members. It has been an amazing reading month, though, and I have loved so many of the books I read. I’ve also met some spectacular reading goals this month and crossed six months of being a book blogger. It has me excited to see what the rest of the year has in store.
I finished all seven of the Novice Path prompts this month! I didn’t get to spend a ton of time creating my character yet, though. So, I didn’t make it to those challenges. I plan to complete them in the coming months in preparation for the next round of the readathon. Check out more details about the Magical Readathon and it’s upcoming rounds here! Here’s a list of everything I ended up reading along with the associated prompt:
Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo (Novice Path Entrance)
Star Wars: The High Republic: Out of the Shadows by Justina Ireland (Ashtorn Tree)
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera (The Mist of Solitude)
Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune (Ruin of the Skye)
Constance by Matthew FitzSimmons (Obsidian Falls)
The Bone Shard Daughter by Andrea Stewart (Tower of Rumination)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling (Orilium Academy Arc)
Progress On My 2021 Reading Goal
I met my reading goal for the year during this month! I still cannot believe I’ve read over 100 books so far this year. I usually only average somewhere between 15 and 30 books per year. So, 100 books blows all other years out of the water, and I’m no where near through with reading this year yet.
September 2021 Reviews
In total, I completed 4 full-length book reviews, 7 mini book reviews, and 2 comic book reviews. I reviewed the following books:
- Ace of Spades by Faridah Àbíké-Íyímídé | See the review!
- The All-Consuming World by Cassandra Khaw | See the review!
- In Deeper Waters by F. T. Lukens | See the review!
- Doctor Who: Missy by Jody Houser | See the review!
- Blood Animus by Kyle McKeon | See the review!
- Under the Whispering Door by TJ Klune | See the review!
- Traitors of the Black Crown by Cate Pearce | See the review!
- The Shadow of the Gods by John Gwynne | See the review!
- W.E.B. of Spider-Man by Kevin Shinick | See the review!
- Over Sea, Under Stone & The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper | See the review!
- The Warlock Snare by Jimena I. Novaro | See the review!
- Star Wars: The High Republic: Out of the Shadows by Justina Ireland | See the review!
I continued participating in First Lines Fridays and Stacking the Shelves. I picked up a lot of new books this month, and I enjoyed getting to show them off each week.
I also participated in two Top 5 Tuesdays, compiled a list of my favorite books with bi+ male characters for Bisexual Awareness Week, and wrote a post about my 5 most anticipated releases of October 2021.
- My 5 Most Anticipated October 2021 Releases
- Top 5 Series of All Time
- Top 5 Standalone Books
- Favorite Books/Series with Bi+ Male Characters
Looking back on my TBR for September, I met ALL of my goals. I finished reading all the books on my TBR, and I actually read a couple extra. I got some new ARCs, but I also read several this month. So, I’ve managed to maintain my NetGalley feedback ratio. Overall, it’s been a great month. I enjoyed this slower readathon and am looking forward to adding some detail to my character and preparing for the next round soon. I hope you all had a great month and wish you the best for October!